Peace, Justice and Mission Committee
Committee Chair: Bob Ponder
- Informing the congregation of issues which are before the City of Detroit, the State of Michigan, and/or the nation.
- Providing the congregation with information on how to address issues in the public arena.
- Promoting and planning of the PCUSA’s Peacemaking Offering.
- Informing congregation of General Assembly social policy.
- Engaging the congregation in mission efforts appropriate for Detroit (in conjunction with the Board of Deacons).
- Informing the congregation about national and global mission through the PCUSA.
- Planning and promoting the PCUSA special offerings (except for Peacemaking Offering).