Historic Fort Street Presbyterian Church is a spiritual beacon in the heart of Detroit embracing diversity, ministering to the community, and welcoming all who seek spiritual growth through Jesus Christ.
Our vision is to become a more inviting, diverse, and engaging church. The accomplishment of this vision will be manifested through the achievement of the following strategic goals:
- Promote member development through evangelism (an inviting church), "spreading the word" about the church and its programs, and identifying areas where people can get involved and assist in achieving our Mission and Strategic Goals.
- Establish and implement operating budgets that prevent further erosion of Fort Street Church's endowments. Improve the financial well being of the church by developing and implementing programs to improve income, repay our loans, and restore our endowments.
- Provide excellent Christian Education opportunities.
- Continue to support Fort Street Church's strong programs for mission and ministering to the community through such programs as the Open Door Program, Chorale, T.A.P., and the Great Hall Series. A strategic goal should be for each of these programs to become self-sustaining through a combination of members' contributions and outside financial sources.
- Maintain and renovate our historic sanctuary and facilities.
- Explore offering alternative worship services.
- Singles programs: A large segment of our adult members are singles. Develop and implement programs that serve this segment of our congregation.
- Improve the training of Fort Street Church's lay readers. Develop and implement training programs to better equip elders, deacons, and committee chairpersons in best practices.